Peelings Coaches Terms and Conditions
Our contract and holiday information set out clearly and simply, the responsibilities which Peelings Coaches have to you and which you have to us when a contract is made between us. The contract is made when you make a booking either verbally, by telephone, email or in writing and we accept on the terms set out in this document. When making a booking for your holiday on behalf of yourself, and the others named in your party, that you have read, understood and have accepted this contract and the Holiday Information provided in this document. Your obligation is to pay the price of the holiday and recognise your liabilities if you wish to alter the holiday or have to make a cancellation. On our part we have obligations to keep your money safe & then provide you with the holiday you have booked. Our specification of that holiday and our terms are clearly stated in this document..
Why should I read this? Because it is important. This Fair Trading Agreement, together with the important holiday information, forms the basis of a legally binding contract between you (the person making the booking and everyone else named in your booking) and us (Peelings Coaches). How do I make a contract with you?
The contract between us commences when your booking is entered on our computer immediately after we receive the booking using any of the above contact methods. At that moment the contract between us begins. We will send you a confirmation usually within ten working days if you made initial contact by telephone or email and reserved your place(s) and paid a deposit(s). Please check it carefully to ensure all the details are correct and inform us immediately of any errors (within 7 days of receiving your documentation). We cannot be responsible for mistakes if we are not notified; any costs or implications involved in rectifying any errors are solely your responsibility. The contract appertains to all persons named on the booking form.
Your contract with Peelings Coaches.
You pay a deposit. Minimum deposit of £50 per person on all coach holidays. All major debit cards and cheques accepted.
2. You pay the balance. The balance of your holiday/tour must be paid at least 8 weeks before the departure date (no reminders are sent). If you book within the applicable balance due period you must pay the full holiday cost at the time of booking. If the balance is not paid in time, we reserve the right to cancel your holiday
3. If you change your booking. If after the documentation has been issued from Peelings Coaches (but before the balance due date) you wish to change to another of our holidays, we will do our best to make the changes, provided that written notification is received by us from the person who made the booking, this must be accompanied by a payment of £10 per person to cover administration costs. On some occasions you can transfer your booking to someone else provided you give us reasonable notice. This person must be able to satisfy all the conditions for the holiday, if the holiday has “closed” and final arrangements been made, the departure point may not be able to be altered and a change cannot normally be made later than 14 days prior to departure, again any name transfers will need to be confirmed by you in writing with full details (name, address and contact telephone number and emergency contact details) of those replacing the original person(s) named on the booking form. We will make administrative charges of £10 per person for every transfer, plus any reasonable additional costs that hotels may levy caused by the transfer. You will be responsible for ensuring that the holiday is paid for by the balance due date.
4. If you cancel your holiday. You or any members of your party, may cancel your holiday at any time provided that the cancellation is made in writing by any of the named persons on that particular holiday, your cancellation only takes effect from the date we receive your notice in writing, together with any travel documents we may of sent you. As this incurs administrative costs we will retain your deposit and in addition, apply the cancellation charges listed below. Please note that if only part of the booking is cancelled this may mean that the accommodation booked will be under-occupied and may result in the remaining passengers having to pay any applicable supplements and administrative charges e.g. changing a twin room to a single room.
PERIOD BEFORE DEPARTURE AMOUNT OF CANCELLATION CHARGE Prior to 43 days, Deposit only 42 – 30 days 30% or deposit, if greater, 29 – 16 days 50%, 15 or less days 100%, departure day or later including voluntary termination during the package 100%
5. If we change your holiday. The arrangements for your holiday will usually have been made many months in advance. Sometimes changes are unavoidable and we reserve the right to make them. Most of these changes are likely to be minor and we will do our best to keep you informed. If, after booking and before departure, we feel we have made a significant change to your holiday, you will have the option of withdrawing from the holiday without paying an administration fee. If you withdraw from the holiday because we have made a significant change we will offer you the choice of:
a. An alternative holiday which is offered subject to availability. (differing costs will be met by you or us) or
b. Cancelling your booking. Important notice – the above choices do not apply to changes caused by reasons of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disasters, fire, epidemic or health risk, technical problems to transport, port or airport closures, adverse weather conditions and similar events beyond our control.
6. If we cancel your holiday. All the tours in this brochure are offered subject to obtaining sufficient bookings for each tour. If we are unable to reach a minimum number of passengers to validate the continuation of the tour we will advise you 6 weeks in advance giving you the option to book an alternative holiday. However we reserve the right to withdraw any tour up to 6 weeks before departure for all holidays. In all cases we will offer you a full refund.
7. Financial security of prepayments. To comply with the E C Directive on Package Holidays all monies are placed by Peelings Coaches into a Client Call Trust Account operated by our bank.
8. What is included in the holiday price? Holiday prices include all coach travel, hotel accommodation and meals as specified in the holiday and hotel description and VAT where applicable. Morning coffee, afternoon tea and other refreshments are not included unless specified. Some hotels may make a small charge for porterage and tea or coffee served after dinner, in such cases where we have not specified these items as ‘Included in the price’ any charges applied will be payable direct by you. Gratuities to hotel staff and driver/couriers are discretionary. Unless specifically indicated in the tour itinerary or description, entrance fees, guide fees and city sightseeing tours are not included in the holiday cost. All coach travel is included except where it specifically states ‘why not take’ ‘perhaps’ ’you might like to’ ‘optional’ or as an extra on that tour for example rail trips, cable cars, gondola rides, guided tours or entrance fees etc.
9. Accommodation. We accept responsibility for ensuring that all component parts of your holiday as described in our brochure are supplied to you and to what we consider a reasonable standard. In the event of unforeseen circumstances Peelings Coaches may deem it necessary to relocate the tour and thus reserve the right to use alternative, equivalent or greater standard hotel accommodation without notice. Please note that we cannot guarantee operation facilities within the hotel e.g. lifts, swimming pools, leisure equipment etc. and accept no liability where they are out of use. We cannot guarantee porterage at all hotels but do our utmost to provide this should you request it (any cost for this service will be payable by yourself). Some excursion itineraries include the use of trains or ferries and or other forms of transport which can be affected by matters out of our control (please refer to the ’Important notice’ listed in section 5) and may have to be cancelled or arrangements changed. Wherever possible a suitable alternative excursion will be offered.
10. Passenger behaviour/anti-social behaviour. We want all our customers to have a happy and carefree holiday. But you must remember that you are responsible for your behaviour and the effect it may have on others. If you or any member of your party is consistently abusive or disruptive or behaves in a way which, in our reasonable opinion, could cause damage or injury to others or effect their enjoyment of their holiday, or which could damage property, we have the right, after reasonable consideration, to terminate your contract with us. If this happens we will have no further obligations or liability to you. The coach driver/tour escort, ship’s captain, or authorised official or any other means of transport is entitled to refuse your boarding if in their reasonable opinion you are unacceptably under the influence of drink or drugs or you are being violent or disruptive. If you are refused boarding on the outward journey we will regard it as a cancellation by you and we will apply cancellation charges according to the scale in section 4. If the refusal is on the return journey we have the right to terminate the contract and will have no further obligation or liability to you. If you are disruptive during the journey, the coach driver may have to divert to off-load you. In those circumstances you will also be liable to us/or airline/ferry company for the costs incurred by the diversion. We operate a strict no smoking policy on all our coaches. We appreciate the co-operation of smokers and remind them that frequent journey breaks are made and bookings are taken on this understanding.
11. Pick up points, itineraries, travel documents and passports You are responsible for ensuring that you are at the correct departure point, at the correct time of print, with the correct documents and we cannot be liable for any loss or expense suffered by you or your party because of late arrival at the departure point. Certain travel documents theatre or entrance tickets, vouchers etc. may have to be retained by us and your driver/tour escort will then issue them to you at the relevant time. If you lose a travel document after it has been issued to you we will require you to meet the direct cost charged by the carrier/supplier for the issue of a duplicate or replacement.
12. Travel delays. There are occasions when our coaches are delayed due to traffic congestion, ferry or flight delays etc. we cannot accept liability for these delays, howsoever caused.
13. Mechanical failure. Whilst we go to great efforts to ensure that everything functions correctly to ensure a smooth and enjoyable holiday, there are occasions when mechanical items can fail. In the event of any such failure Peelings Coaches will attempt to minimise any inconvenience but we cannot be financially liable should such occur.
14. Special requests. If you prefer a ‘low floor room’, a special diet, or perhaps a walk-in shower, we will happily discuss this with the hotel, but we can’t guarantee that they will meet your request. Therefore, if your request is a condition of booking, you must let us know at the time of your initial enquiry, and we can approach the hotel at that time to ensure your request can be met before your contract commences. We will pass on any requests you may have but it does not guarantee that the supplier will fulfil your request.
15. Single occupancy. Single occupancy of rooms when available is often subject to a supplementary charge and this is clearly shown. Where a supplement is applied it does not mean that you will not be allocated a twin or double room.
16. Luggage. Adequate accommodation is provided for passenger’s luggage, but obviously space is not unlimited and passengers are requested to restrict their luggage to one medium sized suitcase per person plus small hand luggage, which may be taken on the coach, Luggage labels are supplied. Passengers are responsible for ensuring their luggage is on the coach they are travelling on.
17. Complaints procedure. The hotel and driver must be informed of any complaints immediately to allow rectification of any problems. If the matter cannot be resolved immediately, you must notify us in writing within 14 days of the completion of your holiday, quoting your holiday destination, dates and the full details of your dissatisfaction. Failure to establish your complaint immediately in accordance with the above procedure may affect the outcome. If your complaint is with regards to the hotel, you must express your issues with the hotel management whilst on tour in order for the problem to be rectified if possible. Complaints are hard to be rectified if the hotel has not been informed of the issues.
18. Statuary authorities. This brochure is issued subject to applicable Acts of Parliament and Government Regulations and the company reserves the right to modify itineraries to conform to requests from the competent authorities in the United Kingdom and any other sovereign state through which tours run.
19. Travel insurance – important information Peelings Coaches does not offer travel insurance but we strongly recommend all our passengers obtain it prior to travelling. It is your responsibility and peelings Coaches will not be held responsible for costs incurred through ill health prior or during one of our trips which should be covered by travel insurance
UPDATED NOV 2023